Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Will I Remember?

It was one of those slow, lazy summer mornings; no rush; nowhere to go. Our three year old was running through the kitchen with her "Super Cutie" pajamas on (complete with cape that flutters behind as she runs). Our 10 month old was making silly faces in her high chair as she finished her breakfast. That moment was one that just filled my heart and made my eyes brim with tears of gratitude.

I turned to my husband and asked, "Do you think we will remember this moment of little ones, their noises and faces, and how very precious this time really is? Ten or twelve years from now when they are sassy teenagers and our lives are different in so many ways, will we remember these precious gifts God has given to us?"

Will I remember? I hope so.

No comments: